The Library is such an awesome place. The libraries in Santa Clarita have free programs for kids that are great for kids.
Newhall library has programs for babies, toddlers and preschool kids, where the kids sing songs, do finger plays, learn nursery ryhmes and read books. (just call to sign up)
Valencia library has toddler story time (lottery system to get in..very popular)
Castaic library has baby/toddler and preschool story time (call library to sign up)
Canyon Country (I know they have some storytimes but not sure when..call library)
Another reason I love the library is the library system in checking out books. We've been going to the Toddler Story time for quite awhile and so what I have been doing is the days that we go, I also get on the computer and look up books that I want to request for that next week. We've been working on the alphabet so this week I looked up books that go along with the Letter P (like parrots or penguins) then place those books on hold and tell them what library I want to pick them up at and by the next week I usually have a whole bunch of books for that week ready for me. It's been a wonderful way to keep up on learning new letters of the alphabet and not having to search through all their books. They do it for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment