Thursday, October 1, 2009

S books

Fun Facts About Snakes! (I Like Reptiles and Amphibians!)
Fun Facts about Snakes
By Carmen Bredeson
A great book with pictures of snakes and great facts. My son loves these fact books and they are simple and easy to read. Great one for younger kids. She is one of my favorite authors of animal facts books I have come across so far.

Where is the Green Sheep?
Where is the Green Sheep? By Mem Fox
A book that talks about all these kinds of sheep from bath sheep, red sheep, bed sheep but where is the green sheep. It takes you through many different sheep and at the end you find the green sheep. Very cute. We read this one a few times.
Snails
Snails by Kevin J. Holmes
This author does a pretty good job at keeping it simple for younger readers. He has a very basic format. I really like books that have captions of fun facts so that's all I have to read to my toddler because these type of books can be long and we already spend enough time on them just from the million of questions. Looking back through the book the only thing I can complain about b/c he really does make it an easy read is that he doesn't tell you what kind of snail is on each page. That is a must for my child. That's the first question he asks. He wants to know what kind, especially when he knows there are 60,000 kind of snails out there.

No comments: